Samstag, Juli 12, 2008

neue töne (346): of montreal

of montreal wissen mit neuem album aufzuwarten. alles wieder sehr spannend. die tracklist. das cover. das drumherum. "skeletal lamping" wird das werk heißen und am 07. oktober bei polyvinyl erscheinen.
"I’ve tried to incorporate more tension and dissonance, while still maintaining a super poppy sound. I think the album is more bipolar than schizophrenic, though. I guess it represents its author more closely in that way.”, sagte kevin barnes gegenüber billboard. außerdem: “Beware Our Nubile Miscreants” is “the most wicked thing I’ve ever written,” while opener “Nonpareil of Favor” “definitely goes somewhere musically that is totally unlike anything I’ve ever done before.” weiter: “I start to feel unbalanced if too much time passes without me being able to record,” he says. “I need to shut out the world and disappear into the void. In a way it is like meditation. It definitely gives me a sense of value too. Even if other people hate what I create, as long as I like it, I’m fine. The new record doesn’t deal with as many romantic or psychological issues. It is a very personal record still. It is more sexual and frisky than ‘Hissing.’”
dass das neue album auf unverständnis stossen könnte, darüber ist sich barnes mittlerweile im klaren. glaubt aber gestärkt zu sein, um es auch auf konzerten den fans vorzustellen. dazu werden noch einige theaterelemente einstudiert und mitmusiker engagiert. ich bin sehr neugierig.
tracklist:
01 Nonpareil of Favor
02 Wicked Wisdom
03 For Our Elegant Caste
04 Touched Something's Hollow
05 An Eluardian Instance
06 Gallery Piece
07 Women's Studies Victims
08 St.Exquisite's Confessions
09 Triphallus, to Punctuate!
10 And I've Seen a Bloody Shadow
11 Plastis Wafers
12 Death Is Not a Parallel Move
13 Beware Our Nubile Miscreants
14 Mingusings
15 Id Engager

Keine Kommentare: